Fire crews use breathing apparatus to tackle flames

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

A fire broke out in a fish and chip shop in Maidstone on Saturday afternoon - with emergency crews forced to wear breathing apparatus to tackle the flames.

The blaze broke out in the shop at around 12.15pm in Sutton Road.

The fire was on the ground floor of the two-storey building.

Firefighters extinguished the flames by 1.25pm but remained on the scene into the afternoon to dampen down hotspots.

0 comments

NEWS WHERE YOU LIVE

News, sport, video, blogs and local information
where you live...

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 19°C

min temp: 9°C

Five-day forecast

e-Edition CLICK TO READ NEWSPAPERS, MAGAZINES, GUIDES AND NEWSLETTERS ONLINE


  • Kent on Sunday


    Kent Life


    Kent Bride


    Visit Kent


  • Community Health


    Isle


    Education for Kent


    Broadstairs Food Festival